Creative Frustration: A Gallery of Accurate Portrayal

Creative Frustration: A Gallery of Accurate Portrayal | amusingmusicmaven.com
a sandwich rife with mold

99 98 97% percent of the time I’m a pretty straight shooter and have my shit on lock. Like Condoleeza Rice or…Judge Judy. The other 3 percent of the time, my juices get corked. I wrote this song in about sixty minutes because my creative juju and I had an understanding. There were no proverbial blockages. It just came to me.

…other times my anti-muse seduces me to the piano with its coloratura siren sounds and leaves me with jack shit on the page and a caffeine crash that only heroin addicts could possibly understand (because when in doubt, french press). I hate un-productivity more than I hate bleu cheese and stupid people (the ones who don’t just walk to the right. It’s not that hard, people).

Instead of ruminating extensively on this, I’m going to share some images that accurately portray this damn dam. If you need me, I’ll be performing a creativity rite by jumping backwards around my house and chanting in a dead apocalyptic language (French).

a sandwich rife with mold
a sandwich rife with mold

The green = my dreams.

all senior citizens should have life alert
all senior citizens should have life alert

…and by senior citizens, I mean frustrated creatives.

bogged down by the sludge of corporate America
bogged down by the sludge of corporate America

…I actually cried a little at that one because that poor thing! Where’s Sarah Mclachlan when you really need her?

C. The answer is always C.
3. The answer is always C.
creative block: being dragged by a horse while pointed and laughed at
creativity block: people pointing and laughing at you as you’re dragged around by a horse…

…seems about right.

this is a moose nose.
this is a moose nose.

Because I am SMELLING OUT NEW IDEAS.

then there's this
then there’s this

I wish I could remember which word search yielded this photo…instead I’m just going to leave it up for interpretation.

 

Also, I’m pretty sure I am now red-flagged over at google and a few other stock photo sites.

Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on Google+Share on LinkedInShare on StumbleUponShare on TumblrEmail this to someone

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


ERROR: si-captcha.php plugin says GD image support not detected in PHP!

Contact your web host and ask them why GD image support is not enabled for PHP.

ERROR: si-captcha.php plugin says imagepng function not detected in PHP!

Contact your web host and ask them why imagepng function is not enabled for PHP.